If you have recently purchased Chia Seeds, because I have heard such great things about them but have been wondering what do to with them, then try out these muffins! The perfect thing to test them out. You can’t really even taste them. The glaze on top is light and has great lemon flavor to go with the muffins. You could omit the glaze if you are trying to be a little healthier, but it is just so good!
want to know more about chia seeds or buy some click here
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbls chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 Tbls butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt (non fat)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 – 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with non stock spray or liners.
- In a small bowl combine flour, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well each addition. Mix in lemon zest and vanilla. Using a spatula mix in the flour and yogurt until just combined. Fill muffin tins about ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes, before removing to a wire rack.
- While the muffins are cooling prepare the glaze. Whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle a little over the top of each muffin. Allow glaze to set before serving.