How to clean without using harsh chemicals?
There are so many different areas around your home that need regular cleaning, many of us look for natural alternatives to commercial cleaners. Here we’ll share top tips for how to clean a mirror, kitchen surfaces and so much more without needing to use harsh chemicals.
Top 5 homemade cleaners: How to clean your whole house naturally
With these 5 homemade cleaners you can not only clean your house but also save money. Here’s how:
- Want to know how to clean a mirror and other glass surfaces around your home? Here’s a top homemade glass cleaner recipe:
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
Simply pop your glass cleaner into a spray bottle. Use liberally on the surface of mirrors, windows, shower doors and more. For a streak-free finish, use newspaper to rub the surface.
- Need an easy to make, natural, all-purpose cleaner? Make up this recipe:
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp castile soap
- 15-20 drops of your favourite essential oil
This all-purpose cleaner is great for cleaning a variety of surfaces. Whether you need to wipe down your kitchen countertops, bathroom surfaces and more this mix will do the job!
- Wooden floors need regular cleaning, especially if you have children and pets. Put together a wooden floor cleaner using this recipe:
- 4 ½ litres hot water
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
The great thing about this floor cleaning recipe is it is not only natural, and safe for use around families and pets, but it does two jobs in one. As well as cleaning your floor, it will also polish the surface too!
- Do you have carpet instead of wood or tiled flooring? Here’s an easy recipe for a homemade carpet shampoo:
- 1 tsp washing-up liquid
- 1 tsp fabric conditioner
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 cups warm water
- 10 drops of your favourite essential oil
Dip a stiff bristled brush into your solution and use it to scrub the carpet. Use a cloth dipped in fresh, clean water to blot your carpet and remove the solution before leaving it to air dry.
- Blocked drains can be a nightmare, especially if they start to smell. Here’s an easy, natural method to unclog your sink or drain.
- Mix ½ cup baking soda and ¼ cup salt.
- Put your mix down the problem drain.
- Follow this with 1 cup white vinegar.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Pour boiling water down to clear the drain fully.
So, with this simple guide you now know how to clean kitchen, bathroom and more with natural, homemade cleaners!