People keep asking me for a recipe for Rejuvelec...so here it is... Enjoy...
Rejuvelec is a fermented drink that is inexpensive and fun to make. It is very refreshing and full of wonderful nutrients for your body. It is a probiotic beverage and also contains healthy vitamins (B, K and E) as well as enzymes. It helps to promote a healthy intestinal environment making it great for your digestive system (It can also be used as a starter for raw nut cheese)
Looking for something new? Try rejuvelec!
To make Rejuvelec you will need:
1x Bean Sprouter
wheat seeds (rye, quinoa, buckwheat can also be used)
1x Glass jar (with cloth covering or vented lid)
- Soak about 150g of your grains for 24 hours, drain and then rinse your grains (following your sprouters instructions) until little sprout tails have appeared.
- Add the sprouted grains to a glass jar and add about 1L of water. Cover and leave to sit for 2-3 days.
- You will notice that bubbles have started to form and the water has gone cloudy after the 2-3 days.
- Taste your rejuvelec.. It should taste fresh with a lemony citrus taste to it. Strain the grains from the liquid using a sieve and store your drink in a glass container in your fridge. Rejuvelec will usually stay fresh in a fridge for 7 days but always make sure that it tastes and smells fresh. If it does not then do not consume.
- The grains can then be used to make a second batch that will now ferment in 1 day. They should then be binned (or composted!)