This heirloom starter is perfect for making perfect for Artisan Breads, Rye Breads, Spelt Breads, Wheat Breads etc.
This starter is available as a live fresh starter and also dehydrated. if you are buying this as a gift or you are unlikely to get started within 2 weeks of the culture arriving please choose the dehydrated culture.
Rye breads tend to be dense, sour, somewhat moist, and earthy in flavor creating a slightly tart loaf with that sourdough flavour.
This heirloom originates from Germany and is used with soil association certified Rye flour. This starter produces great tasting and fabulous crusty bread and is incredibly easy to maintain.
you will receive 150g of starter.
All of Sourdough Cultures are:
- Grown in Soil association Certified ingredients, which are GMO free.
- UKAS Lab tested
- We guarantee that your culture will work
- Lifetime supply of Culture- If you take care of Sourdough you will never need to purchase one again.
- We are a food registered company
- All of our food handlers hold at least level 2 food hygiene certificates
- We have a full food safety programme in place (Haccp plan)
- Daily Ph tests are carried out on our cultures
- All live cultures are ready to to ferment as soon as they arrive
- All cultures are picked and packed to order daily
- All packaging is food grade and heat sealed
- Full paper instructions are provided with every culture (not just online) but we also provide access to our online instructions and tutorial videos and youtube channel
- Full customer support- We are here to help and for as long as you need us. When you buy one of our cultures one of our Culture experts is available to via email or telephone or in person to help you with your brew. You can come back to us at any point for help. We will do everything we can to help you happily make wonderful Sourdough bread.