Pu-er tea is a variety of fermented black tea which originates in China. Fresh leaves are tossed by hand in giant woks for just long enough to halt the tea's oxidation, but not so long as to drive off all moisture and kill natural bacteria. The tea is then left to dry in the sun, but the bacteria lives on, and over years and decades, they'll help completely transform the tea from a fresh, bitter green into something more dark, mellow, and rich. It has a very unique taste that is very enjoyable
- Grown in Soil association Certified ingredients, which are GMO free.
- Soil association certified
- UKAS Lab tested
- We guarantee that your culture will work
- Lifetime supply of Culture- If you take care of your scoby you will never need to purchase one again. Your brew will grow a baby every time you use it.
- We are a food registered company with a 5 star food hygiene rating
- All of our food handlers hold at least level 2 food hygiene certificates
- We have a full food safety programme in place (Haccp plan) and a state of the art purpose built facility.
- Daily Ph tests are carried out on our cultures
- All live cultures are ready to to ferment as soon as they arrive
- All cultures are picked and packed to order daily
- All packaging is food grade and heat sealed and fully recyclable.
- Full paper instructions are provided with every culture (not just online) but we also provide access to our online instructions and tutorial videos and youtube channel
- Full customer support- We are here to help and for as long as you need us. When you buy one of our cultures one of our Culture experts is available to via email or telephone or in person to help you with your brew. You can come back to us at any point for help. We will do everything we can to help you happily make wonderful Kombucha.
Kombucha is similar to Kefir in that it creates a probiotic drink and reproduces itself in a similar manner. Many people call Kombucha a fungus or mushroom however it is not. It is classed as a SCOBY (symbiotic colony of Bacteria and Yeasts) and it lives on sugary tea.
With every brew a new baby is formed so if well cared for your Scoby will give you Kombucha for life.
KOMBUCHA IS A RAW LIVE PRODUCT, Full of Gut Loving Living bio cultures.
Again unlike other sellers we are not going to give you a long list of unproven and possibly misleading health claims, if you are reading this then you already know how good Kombucha is for you (if not, feel free to google it you really will be amazed!).
If you need any further information please feel free to contact us and one of our team will be very happy to help.