FloradixF Mate Herbal Tea 15 Bags
Floradix Tea, the finest quality, hand sorted herb teas available. A stimulating tea that is ideal for making Kombucha with, should be drunk in the mornings for a refreshing start to the day.
Yerba mate tea has been used for hundreds of years medicinally and as a health tonic, by brewing Kombucha with yerba mate you are enriching the kombucha with the benefits of yerba mate. (when brewing with yerba mate tea make sure that you use 25% of you tea content as green tea and the rest as yerba mate to ensure the health of your scoby ). Or you can simply drink the tea itself.
Benefits of yerba mate tea.
- Yerba Mate is now being used increasingly in weight-loss programmes. It is thermogenic – it increases the rate at which fat is burned. This was demonstrated in a study in Switzerland in 1999.
Yerba Mate is an appetite suppressant therefore Mate tea drinkers feel fuller for longer.
- Mate has traditionally been used to treat depression and nervous anxiety.
- Mate tea is believed to relieved allergies and sinusitis. This is another traditional use for mate. The British Herbal Pharmacopoeia recommends mate for headaches. Dr James Balch, the US complementary medicine expert, recommends mate for allergies.
- Yerba mate has very significant Antioxidant properties
- Yerba Mate contains caffeine which stimulates the mind and the body. Mate relieves fatigue-related headaches and enhances athletic and cognitive performance after sleep deprivation and stress.
- Yerba Mate contains caffeine which stimulates the mind and the body. Mate can relieve fatigue-related headaches and enhances athletic and cognitive performance after sleep deprivation and stress.
regular mate drinkers report that they do not suffer negative side-effects from caffeine when drinking mate. In particular, users report that drinking mate in the evening keeps them alert if want to stay up working, but does not prevent them sleeping when they want to (this has not been scientifically tested).
Caffeine and other xanthines also stimulate the central nervous system and relax smooth muscle (especially bronchial muscle). They promote myocardial stimulation and peripheral vasoconstriction.
- Yerba Mate has long been used in traditional medicine to strengthen the heart. Mate tea is know to contains theophylline which is used medically to stimulate the heart muscle.
- Another traditional use of Yerba Mate is to boost the immune system and increase resistance to diseases. Again, this use appears to be supported by recent research. Mate is known to contain saponins which have been shown to stimulate the immune system.
- Mate is known to stimulate increased bile flow which aids digestion.
- Another traditional use. More recent clinical studies have found that yerba mate inhibits the enzyme lipoxygenase, which is associated with inflammation.
- Yerba mate is a vasodilator – it relaxes the smooth muscle in blood vessels which makes them dilate and allows the blood to flow more easily.
- Yet another traditional use... It is very widely used in South America to aid concentration and memory, even more than tea and coffee are in Europe and America.
- The leaves are highly astringent and a poultice of the leaves applied to the skin may improve the appearance of wrinkles.
- Mate has traditionally been used as a diuretic. We now know that it contains the xanthines theobromine, caffeine, and theophylline, which all have mildly diuretic properties.
- Vitamin C
- Thiamine (B1)
- Riboflavin (B2)
Mate is high in potassium, magnesium and antioxidants