This organic white Sourdough creates a wonderful bread that is crumpet-like in texture, complexly flavoured, and finished off with a deeply coloured, pleasingly chewy crust.
This starter is available as a live fresh starter and also dehydrated. if you are buying this as a gift or you are unlikely to get started within 2 weeks of the culture arriving please choose the dehydrated culture.
This sourdough originates from the North East and has been in use for over 70 years. This sourdough tastes great on its own but also compliments other flavours nicely (olive sourdough is my firm favourite!)
All of Sourdough Cultures are:
- Grown in Soil association Certified ingredients, which are GMO free.
- UKAS Lab tested
- We guarantee that your culture will work
- Lifetime supply of Culture- If you take care of Sourdough you will never need to purchase one again.
- We are a food registered company
- All of our food handlers hold at least level 2 food hygiene certificates
- We have a full food safety programme in place (Haccp plan)
- Daily Ph tests are carried out on our cultures
- All live cultures are ready to to ferment as soon as they arrive
- All cultures are picked and packed to order daily
- All packaging is food grade and heat sealed
- Full paper instructions are provided with every culture (not just online) but we also provide access to our online instructions and tutorial videos and youtube channel
- Full customer support- We are here to help and for as long as you need us. When you buy one of our cultures one of our Culture experts is available to via email or telephone or in person to help you with your brew. You can come back to us at any point for help. We will do everything we can to help you happily make wonderful Sourdough bread.