Now you can make delicious tempeh at home! Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian food made by fermenting soybeans with a starter culture. Traditional tempeh is a soybean cake that has a rich smoky flavor and aroma, and a firm nutty texture. It is a great source of protein and vitamin B-12.
- Each box contains 4 packets of starter culture.
- Tempeh is fermented at 88°F (31ºC), the normal outdoor temperature in Indonesia.
- Manufactured in Belgium.
- This traditional food often replaces meat in dishes and can be sliced, marinated, or seasoned as desired.
- Instructions for making tempeh are included for using the starter culture.
Tempeh Starter Culture Ingredients
- Rice, Soy beans, Rhizopus Oryzae Culture.
- Does not contain MSG or preservatives.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Tempeh Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Packaged in a facility that produces products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping Information and Shelf-life
Our Tempeh Starter Culture is dehdyrated and shipped in a barrier-sealed packet. The starter keeps
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 6 months or more
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 6 months or more