- These make perfect Gifts for food Lovers
- Himalayan salt cooking plate with therapeutic benefits for your health and well being,
- Most popular size of weight: 1-2kg, Approx Height: 1-3cm, Approx Width: 17cm
- Himalayan salt , a piece of Himalayan salt rock in its most natural form. Hand crafted.
- For serving Cold Food: Put the Himalayan crystal salt plate in the refrigerator or freezer for 1-1 ½ hour for make it cold and serve the salads, fruit and vegetable chilled. Salt plates can keep its cold temperature for 1-2 hours.
- For Serving hot food: put the Himalayan salt plate on oven for 15-20 minutes and make it hot on high temperature then take it out and served cooked grill meat or fish for a real taste and smell of Himalayan salt in your food and it will keep food hot.
- Use it to cook food: Put the Himalayan salt plate in the oven or on grill at high temperature after 10-15 minutes take it out and put the fish or meet on it and out back to oven or on grill/hob for cooking. If you want you can only serve the hot food on salt plate or use it to sizzle or griddle food.
You’ve probably heard about some of the magical things a Himalayan salt LAMP can do for you. But have you heard of the wonders of the Himalayan pink salt block? Or perhaps the idea of cooking on a big brick of sunset-hued crystal is totally new to you. Either way, you’re in the right place.
The Himalayan pink salt block is catching on and for good reason. Not only do these colorful prehistoric crystals make healthier, tastier and more interesting meals, they’re also just darn pretty to look at! Not sure: Here's some reasons that we think that the Himalayan pink salt block is a must-have natural health tool that everyone needs in their home.
1. Adds Healthy Minerals To Food
Cooking on a pink salt block naturally imparts the incredible health benefits of Himalayan pink salt into your food. Such health benefits include balancing your body’s pH, stabilizing hydration levels, improving digestion and reducing acid reflux. Of course, the amount of salt that is absorbed depends on a number of factors – moisture level, thickness and oil content of the food being prepared, as well as the temperature of the block being a few of the major determinants.
2. More Complex Taste Than Table Salt
In addition to NaCl (plain old table salt) Himalayan pink salt contains over 80 trace minerals and other elements. Not only does this make HPS better for your health, it also has a much more complex flavor. Meals prepared on a Himalayan salt block will take on some of that complexity, turning familiar foods into a new and interesting experience.
3. A Hint of Salt, Not A Lot
Himalayan pink salt crystals have very low porosity and minimal moisture retention. Because of these two traits, HPS won’t immediately upon contact transform food into an unbearable salty mess. Instead, your pink salt block will impart just a hint of its very interesting salt flavor into your food.
4. Naturally Anti-Microbial Surface
Unlike other food-preparation and cooking surfaces, you’ll never have to worry about germs on a Himalayan pink salt block. This is also due to the low porosity and moisture retention of the salt which creates a naturally anti-microbial environment. (See the Use & Care section below for some quick cleaning tips.)
5. Extreme Temperature Resistance
In order to prevent cracking of the surface, salt blocks must be heated slowly (no more than 200 ºF per 15 minutes.) That said, Himalayan pink salt also has extreme temperature resistance with a melting point of just over 800 C (a little under 1500 ºF) making it excellent for high-heat cooking! Just be sure to have a good solid salt block holder for safe carrying of your super-hot HPS block.
6. Superior Heat Distribution
Due to the crystalline structure of Himalayan pink salt, heat spreads evenly through the entire block instead of radiating out from the middle and cooling toward the edges. Food prepared on the block will cook at the same pace whether it be in exact center, in a corner or anywhere in between.
7. Holds Temperature Longer
Also because of its crystalline structure, Himalayan pink salt blocks hold their temperature – whether it be hot or cold – longer than other cooking and serving surfaces. This means you won’t have to worry about food prepared on your salt block getting cold or too warm while you finish up any accompanying dishes.
8. Use Heated or Chilled
While most of us probably got our salt blocks with the idea to cook food on them, some of the most interesting dishes you will prepare (and serve!) on your block are those best served cold.
9. Food Cures Through Contact
Raw foods like sashimi will actually begin to cure the longer they rest on the salt block. This is fascinating to watch for both children and adults!
10. Blocks Double As Serving Platters
These blocks are so beautiful and intriguing that it is almost impossible to not use them as serving platters.