We have recently teamed up with Cultures for health in America and are now an official supplier.
Adding milk kefir grains (MKG) to fresh milk yields a delicious probiotic drink in about 24 hours. Milk kefir can be enjoyed plain, flavored, or used in many recipes, from salad dressings to ice cream.
- Each box contains 1 packet of traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
- Rehydration period of 3-7 days with pasteurized (not raw) dairy milk is required before regular use.
- Cultures on the counter at 68°-85°F, no appliance required.
- Suitable for use with cow or goat milk. Nut and seed milks yield inconsistent results.
- Avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Reusable culture - makes up to 1 quart of kefir with every batch. MKG require regular refreshing in dairy milk.
- Organic powdered milk, organic milk, live active cultures.
- Packaged in a small amount of organic powdered milk to extend shelf life.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
- Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping and Storage Information
Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet. The product keeps:
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 12 to 18 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 18+ months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): not recommended
Additional Details About Milk Kefir Grains (MKG)
Milk kefir grains are live active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)