Jun's origin is unclear. It is thought to have originated in northern China and Tibet; It is very similar to kombucha except it is made with green tea and Raw honey.
Jun is often known as a beverage to aid enlightenment: It is believed that it was originally brewed by tibetan monks in their monasteries.
As there is so much debate over the origins and background to Jun and to be honest no factual dates or details to go on, we have not covered it here. If you want to read about it there is a great deal on line.
Jun is much lighter in colour and sweeter in taste to kombucha.
It tends to brew a little faster than kombucha but grows scobies much more slowly (sometimes not at all) and the scobies tend to be very white in colour.
- Grown in Soil association Certified ingredients, which are GMO free.
- UKAS Lab tested
- We guarantee that your culture will work
- Lifetime supply of Culture- If you take care of your scoby you will never need to purchase one again. Your brew will grow a baby every time you use it.
- We are a food registered company
- All of our food handlers hold at least level 2 food hygiene certificates
- We have a full food safety programme in place (Haccp plan)
- Daily Ph tests are carried out on our cultures
- All live cultures are ready to to ferment as soon as they arrive
- All cultures are picked and packed to order daily
- All packaging is food grade and heat sealed
- Full paper instructions are provided with every culture (not just online) but we also provide access to our online instructions and tutorial videos and youtube channel
- Full customer support- We are here to help and for as long as you need us. When you buy one of our cultures one of our Culture experts is available to via email or telephone or in person to help you with your brew. You can come back to us at any point for help. We will do everything we can to help you happily make wonderful Kombucha.
Jun Kombucha is similar to Kefir in that it creates a drink full of gut friendly Live bacteria and reproduces itself in a similar manner. Many people call Kombucha a fungus or mushroom however it is not. It is classed as a SCOBY (symbiotic colony of Bacteria and Yeasts) and it lives on tea sweetened with Honey.
With every brew a new baby is formed so if well cared for your Scoby will give you Kombucha for life.
JUN KOMBUCHA IS A RAW LIVE PRODUCT, Full of Gut Loving Living bio cultures.
Again unlike other sellers we are not going to give you a long list of unproven and possibly misleading health claims, if you are reading this then you already know how good Kombucha is for you (if not, feel free to google it you really will be amazed!).
If you need any further information please feel free to contact us and one of our team will be very happy to help.