Kombucha brewing kits are perfect gifts for.
This kit is designed to be given as a gift (or if you are not planning on starting your brew for some time) and includes a DEHYDRATED mother scoby rather than a live fresh scoby. We dehydrate our scobies in house to ensure that they are dehydrated carefully and retain all their bacteria. The scoby will need to be activated BEFORE you can begin brewing but the kit is perfect to give as a gift as it requires no special storage before use and the Scoby can survive for up to 12 months.
If you are looking for kits with a Live fresh scoby then please click here
- Dehydrated Kombucha Mother scoby
- 1/2 Gallon Brewing Jar
- Brewing cloth and band
- Either Black OR Green tea (from our teapigs tea range)
- Billingtons organic unrefined Cane sugar 500g
- Stick on LCD thermometer to monitor brew temperature.
- Full brewing instructions plus access to our online support and our FREE app
- * Heat tray (if you choose this option)- This is the TE1 heat tray and is will help to keep the kombucha at the optimum temperature.
What else is needed:
The kit includes the basic equipment that is needed to brew, the only additional equipment that will be needed is a kettle (or pan to boil the water), Vinegar, We recommend distilled white vinegar as the most reliable vinegar to use for making the activation batch of kombucha. Avoid apple cider vinegar or other types of vinegar, which may not be acidic enough to protect your SCOBY during rehydration, large pan or container to brew the sweet tea in, Bottles to store the finished drink in, fermentation bottles are recommended (avoids explosions) See our storage guide
We provide full easy to follow instructions on both how to activate the scoby and how to brew kombucha once the scoby is activated.